Summary: Blueberry Season in Maine In the early years of my children’s lives we lived in Maine; my husband and I would go raking wild blueberries to earn extra money while he was going to college. We would get our blueberry rakes, wooden crates, and …Please enjoy this recipe and read the rest of the story!
- 2 c. unbleached all-purpose flour (reserve 2 tbsp of flour in separate bowl)
- ½ c. sugar
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 c. fresh wild Maine blueberries or other organic blueberries
- 1 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 c. light olive oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Cinnamon – Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400° F. In large mixing bowl, combine first five ingredients, mix well.
- Combine milk, vanilla, oil and egg; add to batter and beat until moistened; do not over mix.
- Take reserved flour and cover wild blueberries thoroughly, fold into batter.
- Grease muffin-pan cups with butter and pour batter in using a 1/4 cup measure, sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until sharp knife inserted in center comes out clean. Rest muffins 2-3 minutes to cool, and then loosen muffins with rubber spatula and pop-out of cup. This recipe makes 12 muffins. Don’t over bake.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please visit often to see what The Recipe Weekly is cooking up next…
Author, Food Writer, Recipe Developer, Foodie & Queen of Recipe Adaptation
* Submit a recipe for possible publication on The Recipe Weekly
* Need help adapting a recipe to a healthier version? Ask for suggestions!
© 2012 The Recipe Weekly – Virginia Wright. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.